Best Hiking Sandal 2020 : Reviews and Buying Guide
Best Hiking Sandals 2020
|Sturdy, Fashionable, Comfortable||Buy Now|
|Durable and versatile||Buy Now|
|Great fit & protection||Buy Now|
|Well designed & comfortable||Buy Now|
|Washable & comfortable||Buy Now|
|Durable & excellent grip||Buy Now|
Best Hiking Sandal Reviews 2020
For all the trailblazer, we have prepared a list of best hiking sandals available in the market and picking up one of these into your backpack may help you withstanding sweaty summer and slippery monsoon.
(1) Northside Women’s Burke II
It’s a strongly built hiking sandal that looks like a mixed version of sneaker and sandal at first sight. For women, it’s a great choice.
So, ditch your flip-flops and try this new hybrid designed hiking sandal for women. It’s not the design or looks why we place this one at the first place. Overall built quality, comfort factor and price along with the way it behaves while trail walking comprises the whole package.
- Very sturdy and comfortable.
- A wide range of colors to choose from- fashionably correct.
- Perfectly fits on narrow and wide feet both without any strain on the straps around.
Yet to be found!
Verdict: Choosing it without a lot of researches can save your time and energy as it offers colors, comfort, better traction, and warranty to last long.
- Rugged flexible upper features breathable inserts/soft faux leather overlays/EVA backing/abrasion resistant toe guard/durable shock resistant sole
- This athletic outdoor closed toe sandal offers water resistant construction/moisture wicking EVA lining for all day comfort
(2) KEEN Arroyo II Hiking Sandals
A lot of hiking sandals are being designed in such a way that looks like a good hybrid to some extents. KEEN Arroyo II also belongs to that class. At the first glance, it feels like a good cross of a shoe and sandal thus providing reliability and toughness of a shoe with flexibilities and comfort of a sandal.
Just like the Northside Women’s Burke II it also sports a secure fit lace system instead of a zipper.
- A sandal that built to last on all terrains and in all weathers.
- Leather made upper cushioning takes the look to the next notch.
- Removable insole is a plus point; you can change it later if you want.
Always check the size chart properly! Don’t go with the size you use regularly
- Performance sport sandal featuring bungee lacing system and rear pull-on loop
- Patented rubber toe cap. Torsion stability ESS shank
- Removable metatomical dual-density EVA footbed
- Hydrophobic mesh lining
- If you're wearing your KEENs daily, they won't always be scuff and dirt-free. To treat day to day wear and tear, especially on lighter color leathers, we recommend using a leather cleaner and conditioner, found at most footwear dealers and/or shoe repair shops.
(3) Teva Omnium Sandals
An easy to wear unisex hiking sandal, that’s built for optimum performance. Without this name, no list of best hiking sandals will be completed. Get your checklist ready and be ready to tick all the points at once!
- Provides great fit and protection.
- Designed to last in all weather conditions.
- If you are a newbie hiker, then you should go for it as it has versatile use.
- We are not so sure about its comfort factor. For half-day long hiking, it may score low on comfort.
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
- Rugged Spider Original rubber outsole is extremely durable and supplies great traction
- Easy Hook and Loop closure
- Elastic gore stretches with your foot for lace free comfort
(4) ECCO Yucatan Sandal
Finally, we have come across a species that can be labeled as a sandal, not a hybrid. Every good sandal has a USP that pushes the viewers to take the buying decision. Some designs emphasize comfort while some designs place the fit factor atop. Ecco Yucatan makes its place in the first category.
Nubuck uppers with adjustable and stretchable straps provide a proper fit to anyone, it’s the ideal hiking sandal for anyone who puts comfort first on the priority list while purchasing.
- Most comfortable one on our list.
- Cleverly designed to keep it ready for all terrain.
- Apart from hiking it can be used in daily purpose as well.
- It’s not ready for rainy season at all.
- Old Silla and Yak nubuck leathers combined for a beautiful, simple upper
- Lightweight moulded EVA footbed with microfiber cover for premium cushioning and superior stability
- A direct-injected PU midsole foam provides long-lasting cushioning and outstanding every-day walking comfort
(5) Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Hiking Sandal
Hybrid sandals are amazing. Merrell is the latest addition with some top-notch features that not only justify the price but also indulges into tough competition with the others on our list.
You may have tested a hybrid model before and like me, you may come to the conclusion that hybrids are good but a bit stiffer than the sandals. You are right! But Merrell proved me wrong and you may be its next target.
Lightweight & easy to wear. Fantastic grip let you planted on the slippery surface. Amazing wear & tear report.
It has a wider toe space which may make some hikers uneasy.
(6) KEEN Newport H2 Sandal
Almost all the sandals for hiking on this list have great water resistant features but this one is made for lasting in water and to perform in the water, more specifically in the powerful current!
- Fully washable and water resistant.
- Great comfort and designed for long walking.
- An excellent grip that provides ultimate security.
- Not sure about its durability.
- Performance sport sandal featuring bungee lacing system and rear pull-on loop
- Supportive contoured arch ; Care: All KEEN water sandals are machine washable. Use a small amount of detergent, wash on gentle cycle and air dry. Fit Tip: This style is running a 1/2 size small. We suggest ordering a 1/2 size larger than your usual size
(7) Teva Men’s Hurricane XLT Sandal
It’s a classically designed sandal which looks like an actual hiking sandal. Easily adjustable straps and imported soft sole provide perfect fit and comfort while hiking. Hiking on different surfaces can cause us different troubles if our feet are not protected with a proper hiking sandal or boot.
We need maximum traction on a wet and slippery surface while on the rocky surface we need a great grip on the soles, on muddy surface requirements get changed to water and mud resistance features to withstand with nature. Teva Hurricane sports almost all of these features with maximum accuracy.
- Comfortable sole made of imported EVA.
- Easy to use straps and that is comfortable too.
- Marvelous grip and outstanding durability.
- The only thing that goes on the negative side is its straps. After a few drastic hiking sessions, these may come off; you may need to repair it, though this point comes out after reviewing a pair of this. All pairs may not have the same issue.
- Classic sport sandal featuring nylon straps and lugged outsole. Rugged Durabrasion Rubber outsole is extremely durable and supplies great traction .
Buying Guide- Points to remember while purchasing Hiking Sandals
Well, just like everything we need to see what a product offers, be it a formal shoe or be it a pair of hiking sandals. We generally don’t hesitate while buying daily needs but a special outfit like hiking sandal needs proper attention otherwise we may end up with sandals which may lack appropriate fit or size!
This is why we need to ensure some points to be checked before making our purchasing decisions about best hiking sandal. Checking these points will take maximum 10-15 minutes though can save a lot of time involved in returning the product and reordering a perfect one. These checks are “do it yourself” process and generally turn us into a smart buyer.
Let’s see the points one by one. These are very common though we usually forget to check.
We can divide the check points into two parts, Intrinsic and extrinsic sections where each section includes some subpoints.
Size of the sandal: Size refers to the measurement of our feet, typically length and width of a foot. Generally, we get habituated with some numbers like 8, 9, 10 etc for recognizing the size of the sandal. But remember, measurement of these numbers varies from brand to brand. Some prepare their shoes and sandals according to the US size while some follow the UK size. Checking the size chart is the best way to get the idea of the proper sizes of these numbers.
Fit: Fit of a hiking sandal refers the shape that meets accurate positions for getting the feet into it. Always check whether it has Velcro attachment or zip closure. Apart from the size, the fit is another point that has to be met prior to buying.
Sole: It’s considered as the heart of any shoe or sandal. When it comes to deciding which one to take from a range of sandals designed for hiking with the best size and fit, soles of the sandals become the deciding factor. The main role of a sole is to maintain optimum tractions on any type of terrain regardless of rocky, muddy or slippery. It’s the backbone of all security features. An adaptive sole with special grooves is preferred.
Comfort: For trekkers and hikers, comfort factor comes along with the size, fit and sole. If we get a hiking sandal without enough comfort then our feet may get restricted while walking and finally results in pain. Great comfort provides enthusiasm for the very next day hiking.
Material: If the sandal you have selected for hiking has met the points above then it’s time to have a look on the others under the second section where the first one, of course, is the material used in manufacturing. The sandal must be manufactured by that material which offers washable feature along with exceptional durability and comfort.
Coverage: Hiking always involves creepy crawlies on the way. Better coverage on frontal area of our hiking sandal protects our feet from these. Try to get a pair that offers maximum coverage and of course with sufficient vents for passing air through it, otherwise, it will feel sticky due to sweating.
Hiking Sandal- Why we need it, Analyze & Decide
Let me tell you a truth, hiking sandals are not a good fit for all hiking sessions. If you are expecting the terrain to be too rocky and if to be a habitable zone of venomous bugs and reptiles then we always suggest boot over sandal.
Sandals are specially designed for a purpose and that’s giving your feet a feeling of comfort from a high humid and hot weather.
Sandals are light in weight, it gives your legs flexibility while walking and vents and cutouts provide ample air permeability features that ultimately helps to avoid getting the inner sole and footbed slippery and sticky due to perspiration!
Before you hit the Buy Button- the Wrap Up
Get your requirements written down and match the features with the best hiking sandals mentioned on our list. Hope, you can pick your hiking sandal for your next trip right from here. If you are sensible on durability, comfort, and stability then we can bet your favorite pick is on our list and that deserves a trial!
If you are using any other hiking sandal and have found that good enough to mention, don’t forget to mention that on the comments, we will review that and will add for our hiker buddies.